Swirled Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- 3/4 cup (170g) Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (40g) Cocoa Unsweetened, Dutch-processed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 cup (120g) All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Espresso Powder
- 1/2 cup (90g) Milk Chocolate Chips optional
- 16 Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup (135g) Creamy Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350F (325F convection bake). Line a 9”x9” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside. (Note: recipe can also be made with 8″x8″ baking pan).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix melted butter with sugar, and cocoa powder until a wet, dark brown mixture forms.
- Add vanilla, and eggs to your mixture. Mix for 2-3 minutes, until a smooth and silky chocolate mixture forms.
- Add flour, espresso powder, and salt to batter. Whisk/Fold ingredients until combined.
- Add 1/2 of brownie batter into the prepared pan. On top of batter, place peanut butter cups, side by side, until surface is evenly covered (~16 peanut butter cups).
- Top with remaining 1/2 of brownie batter. Spread smooth.
- Add small dollops of creamy peanut butter to the top of brownie surface. Using a knife, swirl knife through chocolate and peanut butter until a swirled surface is formed. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven for ~35 minutes, or until edges are set. Once removed from the oven, sprinkle additional milk chocolate chips over brownies as desired. The brownies will continue to cook once removed from the oven.
- Let brownies cool completely in their baking pan.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!