Crusted Porkchops Recipe
- 4 Thick cut boneless porkchops
- 2 to 3 cups Italian herb Panko (i use a lot ore than needed)
- 4 Cloves garlic sliced (see image)
- 4 fresh Rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp Ground black pepper corns
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Olive oil
- 1/8th stick Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- In a small bowl Mix Panko, pepper, Italian seasoning and salt together.
- Pour even layer of Panko blend onto large plate.
- In a bowl combine 1/4 cup corn starch with 1/4 cup water.
- Pat dry room temperature porkchops and drag porkchops through cornstarch mixture coating all sides.
- Press porkchops into Panko blend firmly to coat all sides.
- Preheat pan on meduim add a thin layer of olive oil. Turn oven to 425 F.
- Sear all sides of porkchops using tongs..occasionally adding more oil as needed aprox 2 minues per side until golden to darker brown color appears. (I make them 2 at a time on a carbon steel pan to keep the heat even use one side of pan at a time).
- Melt butter on 1 side of pan add garlic to the melted butter. (Tilt the pan to pool up butter)
- Spoon garlic on top of porkchops.
- Add fresh rosemary to butter and stir for a few seconds before placing rosemary on top of porkchops.
- Tilt pan to pool butter and spoon it evenly over the porkchops until the liquid is almost gone.
- Remove from burner and place porkchops in oven at 425 F until internal temperature reaches 145F.
- Remove from oven and tent aluminum foil over porkchops to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!